Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Some quotes from Mother Teresa for Lent


I've always love these quotes. My pervious post made me think of some of her writings and her wonderful love for others:

  • I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
  • If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
  • If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
  • It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start.
  • Many people mistake our work for our vocation. Our vocation is the love of Jesus.
  • I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world. We are all pencils in the hand of God.
  • We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
  • Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
  • God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.
  • What I do you cannot do; but what you do, I cannot do. The needs are great, and none of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.
She was a great woman. In my life, I have had two great global examples from my faith. John Paul II and Mother Teresa. What they have shown me is a better image of the face of Christ than I would have been able to se on my own.

1 comment:

Flora said...

Lovely people of God...my favorites as well.