Monday, July 10, 2006

Prayers: St. Ignatius' Suspice


St. Ignatius' Suspice
aka - "Take Lord, Receive"

Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty,
my memory, my understanding and my whole will.
All that I am and all that I possess You have given me:
I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your will.
Give me only Your love and Your grace;
with these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more.


Some people are disturbed by this prayer. But after the Song of Songs (and yes, I know I have to do the final chapter and the wrap up:)) I thought it was a beautiful prayer of self donation to God in trust of His love and mercy.

We give all to God. He has given us His Love and Grace. We give all we have to Him and He returns it teaching us how to use it for His love in the love of others. It touches on the heart of true submission to God. Trust that He will show us the way. Turn from self and to God if you want to know the true you. The beautiful you through the eyes of God.

No comments: